Wednesday 21 September 2016

Miracles from Heaven


Miracles from Heaven

Miracles from Heaven is a film dedicated to a young girl with a disorder with no cure but miraculously cured by falling down a tree, which is one of the main reasons I was interested by the film so much as it is a true story. The film has a lot of teary eyed moments which catches the audience which caught me, it allowed me to feel sympathy for Anna Beam (the young girl) but also for the parents who were struggling for money but were painfully trying support Anna.

At the start of film Anna becomes sick but doctors are pushing the matter away by saying ‘everything is fine’ and ‘there’s nothing to worry about’ but the perseverance of Anna’s parents, Kristy and Kevin Beam pushed one of the doctors to get down to the point of why she was so ill, this moment in the film caused me to feel empathy for her parents, I could see how frustrated they were which made me really get into the movie as I was intrigued what would happen at the end.

Kristy and Anna flew over to see a well-known doctor named ‘Dr Nurko’ however didn’t have an appointment but Kristy’s determination to get her daughter well and healthy again shown through to one special receptionist who found Dr Nurko and encouraged him to see Anna. Which was such a kind, nice, heart-warming thing to do for a someone you didn’t know, I adored this part of the movie because it shown us how nice people can be, just one simple act like that could change another’s life.

As Anna was feeling confident with her sister Abbie Beam one after noon, they decided to climb a tree which they used to do when they were younger, however Anna seemed a bit sceptical of the situation and was nervous however did it anyway. This is the incident where Anna falls through the tree and her sister runs in home frantically shouting for her mum, in this part of the film I felt so intrigued to what would happen on the other hand I felt shocked. The film has a biblical sense to it as the family were church lovers, they had hope for everything they did.

Throughout Anna’s journey she held onto hope which allowed Anna not to be scared of death, Anna had met this young girl in the film who had a deadly cancer (who at the end of the movie had passed away) and Anna had given her a cross necklace for belief, I was touched and loved this part of the movie because it permitted me too feel remorse for the little girl’s family.

This film proved how having hope and a belief could change a life forever, which is why the film touched me so much, I enjoyed watching the moments when Anna was painfully struggling but was still holding onto hope, it was such a heart-warming film to watch and such a strong message to the audience and me.
Katy Everitt

No comments:

Post a Comment